ZfD4 Redistribute Bug
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Prevents redistribution of registry keys after Upgrade to ZfD4.
|Posted:||20 Feb 2003|
|Publisher:||Shaun Pond, Tommy Mikkelsen|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
Background: See TID 10080171, about applications redistributing after upgrading to ZENworks for Desktops.
The impact on the user when this is happening is:
- If it is an application that prompts the user during installation, the user will get prompted again.
- If is an application like MS Word, and the end user has customized the settings, they might get reset to the default settings.
A fix for this should be in ZfD4SP1 - NAL will check both versions of the key before distributing. Until ZfD4SP1 is released, NalDot.exe can be used.
How to use the program:
The user logged in must be an admin on the wkstn, or the prg. Must be run with system rights.
Edit the login script by adding the following line:
NalDot /Tree:<MyTree> /Version:<MyVersion>
What NalDot does:
1. Is ZfD4 Agnt. installed on the Wkstn. If not then exit.
2. Is the Version Stamp is present, and equals the commandline, then exit. (Like a run once)
3. Is there any NAL-Apps installed on this Wkstn, that came from the tree specified from command-line...If not, then exit.
4. Update Reg for all users underneath the specified tree in HKLM and then stamp the registry with the version stamp and exit.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com