NDS User Objects Engine v2.7
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Automate bulk operations on user objects (e.g. renaming multiple user IDs, creation of alias objects).
|Updated:||29 Nov 2005|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
This tool is primarily designed to help network administrators to quickly and safely rename multiple User objects in the NDS tree using Given Name and Surname attributes, in order to comply with new corporate naming standards.
It has been evolving to expand on its functionality so that to provide a high level of customization for specific needs of virtually any organization.
The following enhancements have been implemented in the recent versions:
- a new name pattern for user IDs, or Common Names (CNs), can be either selected from the predetermined set of the most commonly used patterns or composed in a granular fashion to comply with virtually any naming requirements
- home file directories can also be automatically renamed to match new IDs
- Home Directory attributes can be populated or modified based on the current user IDs along with required server volume and common root directory
- creation of user alias objects in a specified target container
- Wizard mode for ease of configuration
Configuration of the utility is self-evident and does not require any specific instructions.
All statistics pertaining to performed operations and encountered issues is always recorded into the log file for subsequent reference and analysis.
Ambiguous situations like duplicate names, incorrect symbols found in the Surname and Given Name attributes, and some other possible inconsistencies are handled by leaving user objects in question intact, i.e. without making any modifications to them, and reporting such conflicts into the log file, as well as onto the screen if unattended mode is not enabled (default).
In the evaluation mode, the program will process only the first 20 user objects as the preset maximum. To enable its full functionality, a license file individual for each NDS tree needs to be obtained from the owner.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com