Zcnc Lite is a utility for organizations using ZENworks for Desktops 3.x imaging features that require customizable control of the naming of NDS workstation objects. ZfD can change the Windows computer name ensuring the duplicate names do not exist.
Randomly created workstation object names in NDS can often confuse administrators, as these names are not tied to a physical machine. Wouldn't it be better to refer to workstations using an asset or serial number? Zcnc Lite 1.3 is the only ZENworks computer name changer that can extract the serial number or any other WMI property. Using the /wmi switch, any WMI class and property can be specified - such as the Dell asset tag.
Windows 9x, NT4, 2000, XP
- Custom window title and prompt messages
- Disable user from closing window (disables ESC key)
- Removes 'zenwsimport' from hosts files (to be used with ZfD3 imaging)
- Input mask - force entry of numbers and characters in a specific order
- WMI support (retrieves any WMI property, i.e. serial number)
- Schedule automatic reboot
- Log file options.