User and Group Inconsistency Check
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
This program checks groups and users for any inconsistencies.
|Posted:||4 Sep 2003|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
If a user is added as a member of a group, NWAdmin and ConsoleOne actually perform 4 actions:
- the user is added as a member in the member list of the group
- the user is added as a member in the security equal to me list of the group
- the group is added to the group membership list of the user
- the group is added to the security equal to my list of the user
If any of these actions fail, the eDirectory references for the user and group are inconsistent.
You will only have noticeable problems with users and groups.
In the Application Launcher it doesn't list apps assigned to a group, for which the group says that the user is a member, but for which the user doesn't list the group in it's group membership list.
The program only checks the tree, you will have to fix the errors yourself.
- added the much requested feature to export the results to a file
Feedback is appreciated.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com