Home Directory Changer 2.0
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Change the attributes from one volume to another after a server consolidation.
|Updated:||7 Dec 2006|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
This program will allow you to replace the user's home directory attributes based on the user's current home directory attribute. You simply browse for the volume to be replaced and then the new volume. Select the users you want to be updated and you are done.
Note: Make sure you are logged in with the proper rights to perform the changes. This app will not add rights to the directories. The home directory must be the same path on the new server as the old server.
- Start the application make sure you are in the right tree.
- Browse for the context that you want to search for users that need the home directory changed.
- Check the "Search Subcontainers" box if you have users in different contexts that need the same home directory
- Browse for the volume that you are moving FROM.
- Browse for the volume that you are moving TO.
- Check the "Default Server" box if you want the server that the home directory is located to be set as the default server.
- Click "List Users"
- Select the users in the list that you want changed. Note: Use the standard Windows select buttons.
- Click "Replace" to change the home directory.
- When it has finished click "Done" and review the log file and you are done.
This update now lets you change the path to the directory and adds the ability to change templates.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com