Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Control (cut, copy, paste, purge) NDPS jobs.
|Posted:||22 Jun 2004|
|Publisher:||A.N.D. Technologies, Inc.|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
Submitted by Marcel de Roode: A cross-platform tool for monitoring of network printers and queues.
It is now possible to manage print jobs on Windows and NetWare printers from a single, central, browsable location. Anyone who needs to watch many printers at once - helpdesks, printer operators, and administrators - will find Qcontrol a valuable asset for printer management.
Pcontrol, which is included with Pcounter, has all the same features as Qcontrol plus extra Pcounter-related functionality.
Network View displays all printers and queues on your network.
Custom View displays only printers and queues you want to see.
- Viewing and modification of print job document properties.
- Modification of Windows NT printer properties. (Yes, even on remote computers.)
- Modification of Novell (NDPS/Bindery/NDS) queue properties: Users, Operators, and Print servers.
- Create new printers/queues, rename/delete existing ones.
- Standard print control operations: pause/resume/purge printers and queues, pause/resume/restart/delete print jobs.
- Enhanced print control operations: cutting/copying/pasting/saving/viewing of print documents, moving jobs between printers and queues - even between Novell queues and Windows printers.
- Drag and drop files onto printers/queues and drag documents from one printer/queue to another.
- Launch printer configuration programs and/or connect to a printer's built-in web browser.
- Realtime SNMP device status monitoring (requires Windows NT 4.0, 2000, 2003, or XP Professional).
- Qcontrol runs on all Windows versions.
- Novell Client 32 highly recommended for NetWare support.
- The free version of Qcontrol does not save Custom View settings between sessions, and does not startup in Custom View.
- The paid version will remember all Custom View settings.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com