Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Capture LPTx to any printer (including NDPS) .
|Posted:||22 Jun 2004|
|Publisher:||A.N.D. Technologies, Inc.|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
Submitted by Marcel de Roode: We use this tool to capture printer ports to NDPS printers and print queues. You can enter the treename, which capture can't do (Capture.exe doesn't work in a multi-tree environment)
Capture LPT ports to any print queue.
(Requires Windows NT 4.0, 2000, or XP - Windows 9x is not supported).
- DOSPrint can capture LPT1-LPT9 to any local or network print queue.
- Local print queues do not need to be shared.
- Capture directly to NDPS printers without requiring a legacy NetWare print queue.
- Capture directly to local LPT, USB, or TCP/IP printers without requiring sharing.
- Runs in the system tray for easy access.
- Comes in 2 flavors:
- A user-mode GUI which requires a local administrator logon or equivalent.
- A combination service/GUI which allows capture port assignments via command-line or through the system tray applet, and works with all logged on users.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com