Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Controller/analyzer of HTTP traffic for users of Novell BorderManager.
- Product Categories:
|Updated:||5 Jun 2007|
|License:||Demo, for 5 users.|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
The program Trapper scans the Common Log files of HTML proxy of Novell BorderManager server and allows the following:
- Get detailed information about work of your users in Internet for a defined (account) period.
- Enter a limit on Internet downloading for each your user - HTTP traffic limiter.
- Lock/unlock access of the users in Internet, without using NWAdmin.
- Blocking unwanted websites or domains. For this operation you have to install and configure the Connectotel LinkWall software on the NBM server. The detailed information about this software can be obtained from the site http://www.connectotel.com.
- Get personal user information from NDS.
- From collected information, expose the bill to the user for an account period (billing operations).
- Save collected information to HTML files.
- Send messages to users.
The program consists of two functionally independent parts:
- Trapper Engine. Scans the Common log files, forms the Trapper database controls Internet access by criteria established in Trapper Admin, sets starting parameters for forming the database, automatically forms three types of daily reports. This program has a possibility to handle information in real time.
- Trapper Admin. Controls the database, grants detailed information about user's work in Internet, forms HTML reports, sets criteria for controlling of user's access in Internet, blocks access to unwanted websites and domain, gives personal user information from NDS, sends messages to users.
The program works with Novell BorderManager 3.0 – 3.8 and Novell BorderManager 3.9
The full information about the program and its new features is placed: http://www.kvy.com.ua. You can also read the article about this program on Novell Cool Solutions: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/trench/16016.html
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com