Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Anti-virus toolkit for UNIX including integration with mail servers (attachment scanning).
|Posted:||6 Jul 2005|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
Tool sent in by Kory Sonnier:
A GPL virus scanner featuring:
- command-line scanner
- fast, multi-threaded daemon
- milter interface for sendmail
- database updater with support for digital signatures
- virus scanner C library
- on-access scanning (Linux and FreeBSD)
- detection of over 36000 viruses, worms and trojans
- built-in support for RAR (2.0), Zip, Gzip, Bzip2, Tar, MS OLE2, MS Cabinet files, MS CHM (Compressed HTML), MS SZDD
- built-in support for mbox, Maildir and raw mail files
- built-in support for Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, and Petite
Clam AntiVirus is a GPL anti-virus toolkit for UNIX. The main purpose of this software is the integration with mail servers (attachment scanning). The package provides a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command line scanner, and a tool for automatic updating via Internet. The programs are based on a shared library distributed with the Clam AntiVirus package, which you can use with your own software. Most importantly, the virus database is kept up to date.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com