ContentFilter for Novell BorderManager
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Filters unwanted websites by performing real-time textual analysis of website page content.
|Posted:||27 Jul 2005|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
ContentFilter provides filtering and blocking of unwanted websites by performing real-time textual analysis of website page content. The product is significantly less expensive than competing third-party solutions, which require costly ongoing annual subscriptions.
The principal benefits of using ContentFilter are:
- ContentFilter is priced reasonably.
- ContentFilter does not require expensive ongoing subscriptions.
- The list of words and phrases to be blocked is completely open and can be easily added to or edited by the Administrator.
- ContentFilter operates in conjunction with existing Novell BorderManager or Novell Security Manager software and does not require additional server or gateway hardware.
- ContentFilter is easy to install and configure.
- Once deployed, the software can be left running without any further intervention from the Administrator.
- ContentFilter works with both Novell BorderManager and the new Novell Security Manager product.
Donald Mundrick is the WAN administrator of Rockyview School Division, a 4000 user site in Alberta, Canada. He said that after carefully evaluating several Internet filtering products, they chose ContentFilter for their 36 rural schools. Its seamless integration with Novell's BorderManager was a big selling feature, but they were most impressed with ContentFilter's ease of use and granular control.
Commenting on the announcement Tim Crabb, Novell Product Manager, said: "Connectotel offers a great URL and content filtering option that enhances the protection provided by Novell's firewall and perimeter security products."
Marcus Williamson, Connectotel Managing Director, added: "Following the great success of the LinkWall Suite, we are delighted to be able to offer ContentFilter as another low-cost option for Network Administrators who wish to prevent access to unwanted sites."
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com