Fighting to keep your IT Staff’s ConsoleOne updated?
Have you developed a special Novell ZENworks App just to keep ConsoleOne updated?
Want to leave the NICI Error in ConsoleOne behind?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then try this utility.
How to Use:
- Copy C1Upd.exe and C1Upd.ini to sys:\public\mgmt\ConsoleOne on your Fileserver.
- Download the latest version of NICI and save it at sys:\public\mgmt\ConsoleOne.
- Edit C1Upd.ini to suite your needs.
From this moment on, all you have to do is launch C1Upd.
How it works:
When C1Upd is launched, it’ll check to see, if NICI is installed on the workstation, and if the versionstamp is the same as in c1upd.ini. If not, NICI will be installed.
Then C1Upd will check to see if the workstation has the correct version of ConsoleOne on its local drive. If not, you will be prompted to either copy it to your local drive and run it from here, or to run it from the server.
What's new in version 18.104.22.168:
- Silent install of NICI.
- NICI Check now use it's own version number.
- Integrates with Wolfgang's C1x from the Cool-Site.
Corrected a bug that caused C1Upd to fail on a workstation, if NICI hasn't been installed before.
Please see ini-file for details.