Euler for GTK+
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Quickly and interactively compute with real and complex numbers and matrices, or with intervals, and draw and animate your functions in two and three dimensions.
|Posted:||18 Aug 2005|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
Euler features :
* real, complex and interval scalars and matrices
* a programming language, with local variables, default values for parameters, variable parameter number, passing of functions
* two and three dimensional graphs
* marker plots
* density and contour plots
* numerical integration and differentiation
* statistical functions and tests
* differential equations
* interval methods with guaranteed inclusions
* function minimizers (Brent, Nelder-Mean)
* Simplex algorithm
* interpolation and approximation
* finding roots of polynomials
* Fast Fourier transform (FFT)
* an exact scalar product using a long accumulator
* Postscript graphics export
Suppose you have a non-trivial function and you want to discuss it. You could use one of the plot commands of EULER to get a sketch of the function. Then there are tools to determine zeros or local extrema of the function. You could compute its integral. You could even produce plots of this function with a varying parameter (as a set of plots or as a three dimensional plot).
As another example, suppose you have data contained in a file. EULER can read these data form the file and produce plots of these data, fit polynomials to it, do further computations etc.
In a last example, we assume you have a numerical algorithm to test. You could provide a prototype of this algorithm in the EULER programming language. This is usually done much quicker than using a classical programming language. Furthermore it is interactive and you can use graphics to verify the algorithm.
EULER is an ideal tool for the tasks such as:
* Inspecting and discussing functions of one real or complex variable.
* Viewing surfaces in parameter representation.
* Linear algebra and eigenvalue computation.
* Testing numerical algorithms.
* Solving differential equations numerically.
* Computing polynomials.
* Studying interval arithmetic.
* Examining and generating sound files.
The drawback is that you will have to learn a language. It is not a difficult language. However, there is some learning involved.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com