Change File/Directory owner
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Perl-Script to change Direcrtory / File owner
|Posted:||22 Aug 2005|
|Publisher:||Koltogyan Sergey Rubenovich|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
What it does:
- Change File Directory owner for all Dir/files from current ant below.
- Can change from UNKNOWN OWNER.
- Can work with RUSSIAN File/Directory names.
- This script uses VFS (virtual file system). As a result - this script will work only with NetWare, where supported VFS. (NW6. NW6.5)
- This script tested only with NSS-volume
- This script does not use UCS/UCX (maybe this is good. I use VFS for get directory quota.)
1. unpack chngownr.zip to sys:\perl\scripts\chngownr.pl
If your need change File/Dir owner as:
from vol1:\wrk\deps and below from owner: .user1.org1.ogo to .owner .user3.ogo
run this script as:
(ATTANTION: in this example your tree has name: TESTREE)
perl sys:\perl\scripts\chngownr.pl vol1:wrk\deps .cn=user1.ou=org1.o=ogo.t=testtree. .cn=user3.o=ogo.t=testtree.
if you need LOG ALL FILES/DIR for changed OWNER, run as:
perl sys:\perl\scripts\chngownr.pl vol1:wrk\deps .cn=user1.ou=org1.o=ogo.t=testtree. .cn=user3.o=ogo.t=testtree. > sys:\result.txt
if you need change OWNER from UNKNOWN (old owner was deleted), run as:
perl sys:\perl\scripts\chngownr.pl volume:dir\dir1 "unknown user" .cn=user3.o=ogo.t=testtree.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com