This applet helps you keep your email organized by moving one or moreselected messages to folders based on the sender's domain name. Here's how itworks:
- For each selected email message, the sender's domain name is extracted. For example, if you have an email from "firstname.lastname@example.org", the domain name is "advansyscorp.com".
- The applet then looks through your GroupWise folders and builds a list of folders list which contains the sender's domain. There could be any number of folders found containing the domain name, or perhaps none at all.
- If no folders are found containing the domain name, a dialog displays which lets you specify the folder name to be created under the Cabinet.
- If one or more folders containing the domain name are found, they are displayed in a list from which you select a single target folder.
- From this point on, each time a message from a known domain is processed by the applet, the message will be automatically moved to that folder.
For example, all email from 'advansyscorp.com' may be moved to the folder you specified (which will contain the text 'advansyscorp').
You can change the target folder associated with a particular domainby holding down the CTRL key while executing the applet. The dialog thatappears lets you specify a new folder, clear the association completely, or createa new folder.
To ensure speed of operation, the applet scans your folder list thefirst time it runs, then uses the information about your folders for eachsubsequent execution. While this means things work quickly, it does mean if youmanually create a folder after the first time the applet is run, the solutionwont "know" about this folder. If the applet wants to create a new folder, andyou suspect you already have a folder that might be an appropriate place for themessage, press the [Refresh] button to have the applet re-read all youravailable folders.
INTEGRATIONS: GroupWise toolbars.
*The installation file contains one or more Formativ applets, a brief help text file and any data required by the solution.
Note: To run the free applets available on this page, you will need to install one of the Formativ products below:
- Runtime - For GroupWise users. Formativ Runtime is a low cost engine for running an unlimited number of Formativ solutions for GroupWise.
- Developer - For GroupWise developers. Formativ Developer enables rapid GroupWise enhancement, customization and creation of enterprise solutions. Use Developer to run, customize and extend the free solutions available from Formativ Applet Central.
Visit the Formativ Applet Central site for more information.