Workstation Aid is a fast and easy-to-use toolkit around the RemoteManagement features of Novell's ZENworks for Desktops. It allows theadministrator to browse or search the (eDirectory) tree for users andworkstations, and perform all remote management tasks without even touchingConsoleOne!
Workstation Aid (formerly Workstation Control) now has 4 powerful selectionmethods available:
- Browse to a user (using tree selector) and automatically find associated workstation(s)
- Browse to a workstation (using tree selector)
- Search for a user (using wildcards for UserID and Last Name) and automatically find associated workstation(s)
- Search for a workstation (using wildcards for WorkstationID and Host Name)
After selecting a user/workstation, the efficient GUI displays somepractical reference information:
- User Name
- User Login Date/Time
- Workstation Hostname
- Workstation Network Address
- Workstation MAC Address
- Workstation CPU
- Workstation Operation System
For each workstation, the following remote management features areavailable:
- Remote Control
- Remote View
- Remote Execute
- Remote Wakeup (ZfD 4 only)
- Chat (ZfD 3 only)
- File Transfer
All this from a single *extremely user friendly* interface, much faster andmore efficient than ConsoleOne.
The tool does not require any additional software on the remote clients. Itworks with all ZENworks for Desktops versions (including 4.01b).
Version 2.5 comes with the following changes:
- Improved browsing functionality
- Selecting a workstation directly from the tree (in addition to user browsing)
- Dropdown list of recently used users/workstations
- Advanced Search function
- 30-Day evaluation of the full program
- Friendly installer which also registers the (updated) ActiveX controls
Please check http://www.rkaid.com/products for further details and some screenshots.