SLES Installation Directory Structure
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Create installation server's directory structure from CDs.
- Product Categories:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
|Updated:||19 Jul 2006|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
This program is useful if you plan on having a SLES9 installation server hosted on a server with a different distribution than SLES9, hence not having the YaST tools to create the structure for you.
Download the script to your server, and chmod +x the script to make it executable.
# ./create_sles9_instdir.sh -h
Usage: create_sles9_instdir.sh [ OPTIONS ]
ATTENTION: Do not leave a space between the switch letter and its argument!
Example: create_sles9_instdir.sh -d/var/inst/sles9 -m/mnt/cdrom -p
|[-d destination directory]||Default: /exports/sles9|
|[-e cdrom device]||Default: /dev/cdrom|
|[-m cdrom mount point]||Default: /media/cdrom|
|[-s sles9 final directory name]||Default: SLES9|
|[-c core9 final directory name]||Default: CORE9|
|[-P SPx final directory name]||Default: SLES9_SP3|
|[-p SP level] include SPx CDs||Default: 3|
|[-h] Display this help message|
This program will prompt you to insert your sles9 CDs one by one and copy them to the directory of your choice. It will then symlink the necessary files, and create the instorder and order files for you.
It is expected that you enter the CDs in the right order, as prompted, since no check is being made on the CD inserted.
You then only have to configure your httpd next to have your sles9 http installation server.
12-20-05 Update Corrected typo in the yast/order file.
1-20-05 Update - bumped version to 0.4
- added functionality for SP3 installation
- '-p' switch now takes an argument to specify the SP level
- Opportunity to merge the SP CDs to one directory. ReadMe specifies that all SP CDs should reside in one directory for the System Update to function, as YaST doesn't handle that properly yet.
- Added creation of symlinks to rpms directories
- Removed question to merge CDs into one directory. Now automatic.
- Pointed yast order files to merged directory, and not CD1
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com