Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Password-replacement solution for Windows PCs and Novell Client.
|Posted:||28 Dec 2005|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
Fully functional 30-day trial version.
Password-replacement solution for Windows PCs and Novell Client. Authentication is performed via a broad range of devices, such as flash disks, smart cards, tokens, and fingerprint readers. Support for Win9x/2000, XP, 2003 Server; Novell Client 4.81 (or higher).
The program reduces security risks and enhances your flexibility, making user authentication simpler than ever. Dekart Logon offers native support for Microsoft Windows 9x/2000, XP, Windows Server 2003 and close integration with Microsoft Active Directory and Novell eDirectory.
Dekart Logon 2.21 relies on sophisticated cryptographic algorithms certified by NIST (www.nist.gov), and provides a simple user interface which makes authentication an easy and painless process. Say "goodbye" to lost passwords and to compromised user accounts, then forget about your sticky notes.
The program turns a usual flash disk or an iPod into a security token which is used to lock the computer whenever it is left unattended. Being successfully deployed in a large number of businesses, healthcare and educational institutions, the program ensures the security of a network and keeps confidential information secure.
Full compatibility with Novell Client 4.81 (or higher) allows you to use a broad range of Novell services and execute startup scripts. Novell authentication is performed independently from Windows authentication, resulting in an improved security mechanism.
Dekart Logon - how it works:
- The user connects his hardware key to his computer (or to any workstation in the domain) and is then prompted for a PIN code. If an invalid PIN is entered more than 3 times, the hardware key is blocked.
- After successfully entering the correct PIN (and, optionally, providing his biometric data), the user is logged into the computer (or domain) and have access to his Windows resources without having to type in his username or password.
- Whenever the user temporarily leaves the computer, he can temporarily lock the computer by simply disconnecting the hardware key.
- Dekart Logon can be also set up to grant access to system resources without the need for a hardware component. A user can login to the Windows environment simply by entering their username and password.
Features and benefits:
- Convenience: easy management of multiple user accounts on any number of desktops or laptops
- Mobility: use your key to log on to your system from any computer within a network domain
- Flexibility: choose from a wide range of supported key storage devices, such as smart cards, tokens, USB flash disks, PDAs, certain audio players or digital cameras
- Security: advanced encryption algorithms combined with biometric identification protect you against any identity theft. "Two factors are better than one, three factors are better than two" Logon is the most suitable tool that brings multiple authentication factors to your fingertips
- Reliability: make encrypted copies of your keys to avoid getting locked out of your own PC, or to facilitate user-management in your enterprise
- Scalability: suitable for single-user environments as well as for large corporate networks. Better Novell eDirectory support extends this advantage even further, now you can visually navigate through your eDirectory
The list of supported devices includes equipment of all categories, from low-end gadgets (such as a usual USB flash disk) to advanced solutions (such as tokens, smart cards or biometric scanners), making sure that the above-listed advantages are available to any user.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com