IDM 3.5 Password Notification Service Driver
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
IDM 3.5 service driver to send password notifications to users, helpdesk and NAudit.
|Updated:||5 Jul 2007|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
New in v2.0 for IDM 3.5:
- trigger notifications from the subscriber channel (via policy or WorkOrder driver)
- notify managers on direct report's upcoming account expiration
- uses ldap search instead of XdsQueryProcessor: much more efficient, especially in large tree environments (thanks to a hint by Father Ramon)
New 06-22-06: This is a bugfixed and enhanced version (v1.1) of this tool. Now also decodes intruder addresses (IP only) and includes additional email templates and a readme.txt (finally!).
Novell product(s) this tool is for: Dirxml 1.1, IDM 2.x/3.x, Password Sync 2.0
All-in-one IDM 2.x/3 service driver for password notifications that can notify users, helpdesk and naudit on the following events:
- up to three times before passwords actually expire (notification intervals and times are configurably)
- after passwords expired, when grace logins fall below a configurable limit
- when accounts get locked and passwords have to be reset by an administrator
- on intruder lockout
All notifiction types and their targets (user, helpdesk and/or naudit) can be individually enabled/disabled. The notification schedule operates on an hourly or daily basis and is easily configured through GCVs.
Because IDM email templates are used, notifications can contain additional account data e.g. the time an intruder-locked account will be automatically unlocked again, or a company name for branding purposes. Email templates are maintained in iManager or Designer, making it easy to give them the same look and feel as the standard templates that come with IDM password synchronization.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com