Configure LDAP Server
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Configure LDAP Server properties remotely.
- Product Categories:
|Posted:||6 Dec 2006|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
Target Platform: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista.
This tool allows you to remotely configure various properties of LDAP Server object on eDirectory. Following are the list of properties which user can modify.
- Enable/Disable anonymous bind to LDAP server
- Enable/Disable TCP (non-SSL) connection to LDAP server
- Enable/Disable SSL connection to LDAP server
- LDAP server TCP port
- LDAP server SSL port
This tool uses LDAP protocol to retrieve and change the attributes of LDAP server. Hence enabling/disabling some of the properties may prevent you from connecting to LDAP server. In such a case you can use iManager to reset those properties.
This tool provides quick and easy way to change the LDAP server properties.
How to use this tool
- Launch the tool by double clicking on the binary file.
- Next enter the LDAP server's connection and authentication details
- Press "Auto Detect" button to determine LDAP server object dn automatically. This will also populate values for various attributes from eDirectory.
- If automatic detection fails then you have to enter the LDAP server object dn manually and press "Update values" to populate the values for attributes.
- Next change the attributes based on your need and press "Modify" button to write changes to eDirectory.
Note that you must have proper rights to update changes to eDirectory otherwise changes will not be saved.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com