DiskView is an innovative disk space manager that shows how disk space is being utilized, and gives a visual report of a hard disk's health - obtained from the disk's Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T) capabilities - all within Windows Explorer. DiskView is easy to use and hides the complexity of a hard disk's structure and disk health related data behind easy to understand pie and bar charts. DiskView Standard Edition is targeted towards home users while DiskView Professional Edition is aimed at serving the needs of System Administrators and IT Professionals.
DiskView is designed from the ground-up to integrate well with the way you work. As an integral part of the Windows shell, DiskView enhances Windows Explorer where needed, while still exploiting its full capabilities, ease of use and raw power.
- Quickly reclaim gigabytes of disk space — find out disk hogs instantly!
- Organize and manage your files and folders, and have fun doing it! With itssleek charts, DiskView makes even the most complex folders look good and beeasily organized.
- Increase your productivity, speed up your computer — DiskView graphicallyshow you the fragmented files slowing down your computer, so you candefragment when you see the need for it.
- Don't change the way you work — DiskView installs itself right in WindowsExplorer for your convenience.
- Point, click, cut, copy, paste... DiskView pies and bars behave just likefiles and folders with the same "right-click" menu and behavior.
- Print and save reports easily — DiskView allows printing and exporting reports to PNG, JPG and BMP formats. DiskView Pro adds XML, HTML and custom reporting.
- Visualize data the way you want — DiskView comes with sleek pie charts and comprehensive bar graphs with 3D look, textures and transparency. With DiskView Pro, use your own XSL stylesheet to generate custom reports!
- Never ever wait — DiskView uses intelligent caching to render instant charts. Disk analysis is schedulable and can be run when computer is idle!
- Customize and configure — every aspect of DiskView is customizable. The DiskView Options dialog allows configuring charting, labeling, printing, toolbar and column options.
- Never be surprised with low disk space warnings — disk summary shows realtime disk usage of all drives at a glance.
- Easily scan remote machines over a network — DiskView is fully network enabled, with support for mapped network drives and UNC paths.
- Small and agile — DiskView is hand crafted with lightning fast C++, while still being extensible with XML, XSL and vector graphics.
- Gain an insight into your file system — DiskView reports how much your files are fragmented, their attributes and the actual size they occupy on disk.
- Powerful Reporting and Scripting — use industry standard scripting languages like VBScript, JScript and Python to generate custom file/folder reports with DiskView Pro! Generate and publish custom, XML or HTML reports directly to your web server!
DiskView has obtained Microsoft's Verified for Windows XP certification. The certification confirms that DiskView meets Microsoft's standards for usability and stability.
DiskView — a collection of several tools
DiskView is a suite of several components that work with each other to provide disk space usage analysis, management and visualization for Windows Explorer
http://www.diskview.com/diskview.htm DiskView 3.0 contains a host of new features including disk temperature and health monitoring using your hard disk's S.M.A.R.T (Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) capabilities. Never get surprised with low disk space warnings, or with a sudden hard disk failure that could have been predicted before it happened. This major version has a large number of new features and performance improvements.
- DiskView Visualizer shows a visual map of the current folder. It is designed to convey rich visual information about the current folder and its contents graphically. The Visualizer comes with an extensive set of functions in its integrated toolbar.
- DiskView Folders pane provides a replacement to the Folders pane in Windows Explorer. It graphically represents the folder size as bars next to each folder. It also has options to sort folders by their size.
- DiskView Toolbar is like a Google toolbar for Windows Explorer. With it, you can toggle the Visualizer and DiskView Folders pane on and off, and launch Disk Analyzer, configure options, access online help among other things.
- DiskView Columns provides "DiskView Size" and "Relative Size" columns for the Details view of Windows Explorer. While Windows does not put size information for Folders in its Size column, DiskView provides the actual size occupied on disk by each file and folder, and a graphical representation in the Relative Size column.
- DiskView Analyzer is a helper application that analyzes your files and folders. It can analyze your disks as well as mapped network drives.
- DiskView FSInfo is a high performance, COM based software component that maintains and provides file, folder and disk related information. This component is available for scripting and custom reporting in DiskView Professional.
DiskView provides advanced reporting, custom stylesheet support, COM, XML and XSL based scripting capabilities and newer, unmatched features like file fragmentation reporting in the DiskView charts.
DiskView 3.1 includes enhancements to DiskView's printed and saved reportsand features user interface improvements and bug fixes.