Create Backup Copy of File Every N minutes
Novell Cool Solutions: Cool Tool
Perl script creates a backup copy of a file every N minutes.
|Posted:||8 Jun 2007|
|Publisher:||Koltogyan Sergey Rubenovich|
Please read the note from our friends in legal before using this file.
This Perl script creates backup copy of file every N minutes.
The Perl script works on the Server console.
will be created every 15 min from 8:00 to the 21:00 files here:
\\server\docum\wrk\home\user1\bcp\yyyymmddhhmm.sxc if file.sxc is opened by user.
How to configure:
- create folder:
- create file
with info as in the attachment: bcpspc.cfg
- put file bcpspc.pl to the folder: sys:\perl\scripts
- create file: sys:\system\1bcpspc.ncf with this text:
- Create folders for BACKUP and LOG files (as in the example this will be:)
- Create empt files:
- Load from the server console: TBX.NLM
- Run from the server console script:
This script, from the example, will create a Backup copy of file.sxc every 15 min.
This will be if file LOCK by user application.
How to stop the script:
Create the file: SYS:\bcpspc.txt
Before Run the script again, need RENAME SYS:\bcpspc.txt to the SYS:\bcpspc.tx
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com