NWSEND - Sending messages with Novell Client32
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
By Andrey Podoinikov
Digg This -
Posted: 7 Aug 2001
NWSend allows sending and receiving messages between Novell NetWare users that have Client32 installed.
The program sends messages using the same protocol as standard NetWare utility does, so everybody can receive such messages without any additional software. However, in contrast with standard Novell utility, NWSend gives you very flexible and useful way to select recipients of your messages.
Incredible speed of the program (it's at least two times faster than any other available solution) allows you to work easy and without unneeded delays even on multiple NDS trees. For further streamlined workflow, NWSend allows you to store ten frequently used messages and send it just by one mouse click. And system administrators will appreciate NWSend's command-line interface to avoid any work at all!
Here's what's new in NWSend 4.5
- Added possibility to view/edit message history.
- Totally rewritten algorithm which gets list of groups and users, also increased viewing perfomance.
- Added support for user-customizable 'virtual' groups which do not exist in NDS but are stored in Windows registry.
- INI-file removed. From now, all settings are stored in XML file in registry as well as in user profile directory. (...\Application Data\VyPRESS\NWSEND\options.xml). Message templates are stored in same.
- Status bar shows quantity of users selected/loaded.
- Status bar shows quantity of message threads.
- Greatly increased perfomance in large networks: If the main userlist was closed on program exit, only Favorites and Ignored lists will be loaded upon next start.
- Removed Tree Selection, now users are loaded from all available trees. To exclude tree from scope user must disable all its contexts in options.
- Added possibility to filter loadable list by selecting necessary context(s) from tree(s) in options. Only users from context(s) marked are shown.
- Message editor supports multiple Undo/Redo operations. Fixed bug with pasting of international symbols.
- Added option for creating a message for a single user in a separate window.
- All messages sends in separated threads.
- A new window is opened for replying onto incoming message.
- Toolbars may be dragged. Settings are saved upon exit.
- Added feedback option: When an error occurs, a dialog box appears, allowing you to send a bugreport to the author.
File Version: 4.5
File Name: NWSend45.exe
File Size: 1512kb
File Owner: Andrey Podoinikov
Date: 07 AUG 2003
DownloadDownload from this page.
For additional downloads:
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com