Avoiding Processor Error after Upgrading to NetWare 6.5 SP3
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
By Kevin Mahnke
Digg This -
Posted: 2 Mar 2005
PROBLEM: Remote upgrade of NW6.5SP2 to SP3 causes processor error after reboot when it tries to load old drivers for LSI Logic MegaRaid SATA 150-6 (Most likely all controllers) - MEGA_4X.HAM
Pre-Upgrade: Download latest drivers from LSI Logic
- Download latest drivers.
- Reboot machine, press F8 to enter maint mode.
- Press ENTER to continue until you see a line that states that this NLM loads on first restart of ServerUp-Upgrade, then press ESC to stop processing.
- Run HDETECT and upgrade MegaRaid driver from disk.
- Repair any NIC binding problems (I experienced some with IANS).
- Reboot server.
- After NetWare install is complete, return to workstation where you initiated the upgrade from and acknowledge the time out and retry login.
- The upgrade should continue. Just follow the screen prompts.
If you have any questions you may contact Kevin at email@example.com
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com