Make a Customized GroupWise Address Book
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
By Tommy Mikkelsen
Digg This -
Posted: 27 Oct 1999
Tommy Mikkelsen of KD Data in Denmark shares his smooth method for giving your GroupWise users a customized address book.
How to customize the address books for all the clients in GroupWise 5.x on Win9x and WinNT4.x.
- Take a workstation and login to GroupWise.
- Customize the address books as you want them to appear for the users.
- Start regedit.exe, and export the keys "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software /Novell/GroupWise/Address Book - User Interface /AB.4E6F76656C6C47576162703139393500.Novell GroupWise-adressbook" with all the child keys.
- Also export the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Novell/GroupWise/Address Book - User Interface/AB.0081D836918BCE1187EB00805FB4B2BE.
- Make an empty application, go to the registry-tap, and import the two reg-files from before.
- Change your name in the keyname for your own address book with %FULL_NAME%.
- You're done.
Note: This can be set to "Force Run" and "Run Once" to allow your users to do future changes to their interface if needed.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com