Who's Hogging all the Disk Space?
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
By Tim Simons
Digg This -
Posted: 25 Jul 2002
This tool is wildly popular, having earned a whopping 21 5-star ratings and a big pile of ringing endorsements in the Reader Comments area thus far. Tim's just released an update to his great shareware tool which lets you know who the disk space hogs are. If you haven't used it yet, now's a good time to take a look at it.
Disk Space Usage 1.6 will allow you to determine where your disk space is being used and by whom. You can check by Owner, Volume, Directory, File Size, or Date.
You can see who is using your space on a particular volume. How much space is being used on a particular volume or all volumes. You can determine which directories are using the space. You can locate files based on a pattern or size. You can locate files based on creation date, last access date, or modify date.
You can save your results to a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file for import to a spreadsheet or database for further analysis.
- You have the ability to select the Starting container for Server list.
- The program now shows date in current system short date format.
- You have the ability to select Save File delimiter.
- By Owner screen will remember last selected Starting Container.
- You can preserve directory structure on file moves.
- You can decide if you want to search sub-containers for servers, or just the current container.
- Remembers your last selected server and volume.
- 'Select Owner' list is in sorted order.
- Full support of extended characters.
Download Disk Space Usage 1.6 from the Cool Tools page: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/1208.html
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com