Creating a ZEN 3.2 Image CD for non-networked PCs
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
By Dan Borger
Digg This -
Posted: 11 Dec 2002
Version: ZENworks for Desktops 3.2
- The image must be smaller than 685 Megs
- A PC with a CD writer
- Adaptec EZ CD Creator 4.0 or higher (Windows 2000 must use 4.8 or higher.)
- Copy BOOTCD.ISO and SETTINGS.TXT from: //Image/sys/public/zenworks/imaging
- Double Click BOOTCD.ISO or open with Easy CD Creator.
- In Easy CD Creator, Under Record Options select Record CD
- Under Record Method select Track at Once and Finalize session not CD
- Click the Start Recording button.
- After this has been completed, click OK, and get back to the CD creator main screen.
- Add Settings.txt and your xxxxxx.ZMG image file to this CD.
- Change Record Method to Finalized CD.
- Click the Start Recording Button.
This will complete the ImageCD.
Installing the image.
If the system does not run the CD after booting, change the BIOS to boot from CDROM first. NOTE: This CD can be used in place of the boot floppies to connect a PC to an Image server.
- Load the CD into the PC and type Manual
- At the Bash type cdrom.s , This will mount the CDROM.
- Next type img rl /mnt/cdrom/imagefile.zmg
*replace imagefile.zmg with your imagefile name
If you have any questions you may contact Dan at email@example.com
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com