Logging into Domain with DLU Rights without Breaking Connection
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
By Michael Drugov
Digg This -
Posted: 31 Aug 2004
When you login into a Domain with DLU rights, you break connection with the Domain. Here's how you can avoid that.
- Create an IT group as well as a Domain User Group.
- Create a DLU user policy with Admin rights to the PC, and assign it to the IT group.
- Create a second DLU user policy (don't change any settings) and assign it to the Domain User Group.
- Create a third DLU user policy (with regular user rights). Add a trustee for the Domain user group and uncheck all rights for it.
- Now you can apply the DLU Regular User policy to the whole container without any problems, and all users that are part of the Domain won't have any problems logging in.
If you have any questions you may contact Michael at firstname.lastname@example.org
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com