Your First NetWare 6.5 / Linux Application - - Immediate Improvement of IT efficiency and effectiveness!!
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
Digg This -
Posted: 10 Sep 2003
Once you deploy the Novell vision-open-source compatibility in a NetWare 6.5 or Linux environment-what is your next step? How will you build upon your NetWare 6.5 or Linux environment infrastructure? What will be your first NetWare 6.5 / Linux based solution? Here is a suggestion of a very powerful and economical choice for your first open source application.
Why not deploy your first NetWare 6.5 / Linux based solution in your own IT department? Your IT organization needs state-of-the-art business solutions, and is the most able and willing to adopt advanced technology that leverages your Novell investment. Where will you find your best IT-based applications for NetWare 6.5 / Linux?
Enter GroupLink's? HelpDesk application. Taking advantage of Novell's open-source vision for deploying web applications on NetWare 6.5 and Linux, the HelpDesk module lets you create an online support channel for your employees, allowing them to search a knowledge base, track previous and current HelpDesk communications, and submit new inquiries. You can generate reports showing current and past workflow, and the HelpDesk provides a number of self-service portal features that allow you to enhance your service-level capabilities without increasing staff. The HelpDesk application equips you to:
- Provide an easy and accurate method for gathering requests for service
- Quickly confirm that the request is received and being addressed using integrated email and task management tools (e.g., GroupWise, Exchange)
- Load-Balance incoming requests to the best-available technician
- Easily track the performance of your staff by day, week etc.
- Maintain historical information about all services provided by your staff
- Keep the Support Budget under control, while increasing service-level.
By using your existing Novell infrastructure as a platform for your Help Desk solution, you will be leveraging your existing technology to rapidly realize these benefits:
- Reduce overall system costs and maintenance time
- Reduced call volume
- Less pressure on technicians
- Increase IT staff and employee productivity
- Extend secure service and support options to all employees, regardless of location, and still lower operating costs
- Minimize routine stoppages
The automated HelpDesk system enables your IT staff to consistently exceed expectations, regardless of location. Our friends at GroupLink have announced the immediate availability of their HelpDesk application for use on NetWare 6.5 and Linux servers. To schedule a demonstration of this software, visit: http://www.grouplink.net/
To read more about GroupLink's new Help Desk application visit http://www.grouplink.net/products/helpdesk/
GroupLink is the world's leading provider of business process automation solutions that seamlessly integrate with NetWare, Linux, eDirectory/NDS, GroupWise, and other Novell technologies. GroupLink solutions include web based:
- Sales Force Automation (SFA) solutions
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions
- eReferrals / Action Items (cross-department workflow)
- Customer Satisfaction Interaction
- Profitable Relationship Management
- Marketing Campaigns
- Executive Decision Support (eReports)
- Help Desk / Customer Support workflow
GroupLink's solutions allow you to put the focus of your business where it belongs - on your customers.
For additional information about GroupLink or GroupLink's other Novell solutions, please visit their website at: http://www.grouplink.net/
You can also call 801-298-9888 x120.
Recent, related Cool Solutions articles:
Read more GroupLink Cool Solutions articles here: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/gwmag/partner_solutions.html#grouplink.
More information about GroupLink HelpDesk can be found in Novell's new Partner Product Guide.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com