Login to NDS Using E-Mail ID? Yes.
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
Digg This -
Posted: 6 Oct 2000
The E-mail Login application developed using Novell's JavaBeans allows you to login into NDS using your e-mail ID and NDS password. As this is a Java application, it is platform independent. The download includes all files required for Windows/UNIX platforms. We've included the readme text from this nifty utility for your reading pleasure. Click here to get the tool itself.
Make sure that you have at least one e-mail ID configured in the "Internet E-mail Address" field in NDS before using the application.
- Netscape's Java LDAP JDK (ldapjdk.jar)
- NWIDirQuery Bean (NWIDirQuery.jar)
- jdk1.1.7 or higher version. (For jdk1.1.7, you will need the swing.jar file).
Installing and Using the Application
- Unzip and untar the downloaded file, "Login.tar.gz" to any directory.
- Run the commands, >> gunzip Login.tar.gz and >> tar -xvf Login.tar from the directory where the files were copied.
A directory named "LoginSample" will be created in the current working directory.
- From the LoginSample directory, run the command >> ./startsample to initialize the application.
- Specify the e-mail ID, the NDS password, the server (format can be only the "serverName" or "ldap://serverName") to which authentication is required and the context (example format o=novell).
- Click Login.
- Unzip the downloaded file, "Login.tar.gz" to any directory.
- From the directory containing the unzipped files, open run.bat file in a text editor such as Notepad.
- If the default JDKPATH environment variable in the file is not applicable, set it by specifying the correct directory path for jdk. (Example: set JDKPATH=e:\jdk1.2.2)
- Save the run.bat file and double click the file to initialize the application.
Use the run command from the Command Prompt. (example:
- Specify the e-mail ID, the NDS password, the server to which authentication is required (the format can either be only the "serverName" or "ldap://serverName"), and the context (the format is o=novell).
- Click Login.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com