Native File Access for UNIX (NAFU)
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
By Rudi Synoradzki
Digg This -
Posted: 16 Sep 2003
TID-10077258 - NFAUUser will not be created.
- SCHINST.NLM could not create NFAUUser object.
- Error -613 in SCHINST.LOG
- Failed to add schema attribute userPassword
- Error from NISUPGD.SCH: "userPassword attribute in DSBROWSE displays lower and upper bound are set to FFFFFFFF"
- Error in DSMISC.LOG "Lower bound does not match existing schema attribute definition."
- Set up a new tree without installing ZFD4 and install NFAU into that tree.
- Use DSBROWSE to verify the values for the attribute "userPassword":
- lower-bound should be 1
- upper-bound should be 80
- Import the schema of the new tree into the failing tree. You can use DSREPAIR or iManager, makes no difference.
- After successfully importing the schema of the new tree you can see a log entry that the lower-bound value was corrected.
- Now run SCHIST.NLM -N again from the console of the (prior) failing tree - the NFAUUser account will be created and you can go on with NFAU.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com