Answers to Your Password Sync Installation Questions
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
By Richard Lewis
Digg This -
Posted: 11 Sep 2003
Here's a list of files and tips that will make your installation of Password Sync for Windows a relatively painless event. They are presented in date and installation order to make life easier :-)
- DirXML v1.1a (recommended) installed, tested and running OK.
- For testing with Windows 2000, SP1 should be used. Higher levels of service packs and some security patches may stop the sync process if DirXML patches have not been applied. If you are confident you already have the latest versions, go ahead with SP3 or SP4 but watch those security patches.
- Password Sync v1.0 product files as shipped, plus patch.
TID-2962702 - Password Sync Agent Update
- Install the latest ADDriver.DLL v2.0a or later. If you are using DirXML1.1a (recommended) then use the ADDriver.dll file from it or a patched version. If you only have DirXML v1.0 then use the ADDriver.dll from a patched version of the Password Sync package.
TID-2964098 - Updated ADDriver for DirXML 1.1 and 1.1a
TID-2965397 - Updated files for Password Sync 1.0
- Additional patches; get them here:
TID-2964748 - Advanced AD Driver Import File
- Further files were changed to fix specific problems, i.e. if you are running eDir 8.7 see:
- Read the documentation accompanying the TIDs carefully!
- Be prepared to reboot any domain controllers where the PasswordSync filter is to be installed, because you will be prompted during the installation to do so.
- TID-10075201 - Password Sync will not sync passwords
- TID-10068427 - Active Directory Driver will not work
- TID-10069263 - Unspecified error with DirXML and Active Directory
- TID-10070409 - Users created in AD sync slowly
- TID-10065529 - Users not synchronizing between eDirectory and AD.
- TID-10079575 - Do I need to run the Password Sync1.0 DirXMLUpDate_exe.
- TID-10079666 - Domain Controller Name resolution for Password Synchronization 1.0 and NAM
- TID-10070203 - Password Synchronization is not Updating Passwords.
- TID-10078395 - Unable to synchronize reference to nadLoginName.
For debugging the password sync process see:
If you have questions for Richard about his list, you can contact him here lewisr20TAKETHISOUT@hotmail.com
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com