Import an NSCP Address Book into GroupWise
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
By Jim Schnitter
Digg This -
Posted: 29 Jun 2001
Current Version: GroupWise 5.5 EP
I'm a long time NSCP Messenger user, so I was looking for a way to convert my NSCP address book to GroupWise. There doesn't seem to be any automatic way of doing it, so I wrote a little Perl program to convert a NSCP address book to NAB.
- From the NSCP address book, select export and choose CSV as the file type.
- Run the nscp2nab.pl program with the CSV file as an input parameter.
$ perl nscp2nab.pl input.csv
- A file called out.nab will be created.
- Import the out.nab file into your GW address book.
- This program assumes that the first name, last name and email address are populated in the NSCP address book.
- The program only moves these three fields over to the NAB. It could be enhanced to move all the populated fields.
If you have any questions you may contact Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com