Cross-Mapping GroupWise DMS Properties with ViewWise Imaging Indices
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
Digg This -
Posted: 24 Apr 2002
Creating a Field Template:
The GroupWise/ViewWise Connector requires a minimum of one Field Mapping Template and One Schedule to be configured in order for ViewWise to send data to GroupWise.
A Field Mapping Template allows GroupWise properties within a GW Library to be associated with the corresponding ViewWise document types and indices.
- Bring up FIELD MAPPING TEMPLATE by clicking on IMAGING AGENT Tray icon.
- Select CONFIGURE TEMPLATE from the IMAGING AGENT Dialog Box.
Note: The IMAGING AGENT dialog box will appear with the FIELD MAPPING tab active.
- Click NEW and then enter a short descriptive TEMPLATE NAME.
- Select the ViewWise Room and corresponding GroupWise Library from the drop down boxes.
- Check mark the ViewWise DOCUMENT TYPE and then Double Click on OCR table entry in order to enable GroupWise FULL TEXT search of ViewWise images.
- Select a GroupWise DOCUMENT TYPE. This will display the associated GW document fields.
Note: The GW fields column will be populated with the two default fields of AUTHOR and SUBJECT along with any additional Property Fields that were created.
- Select a value from the ViewWise fields column to match each value in the GroupWise field columns. If you have no particular value, you may choose a DEFAULT value to populate the GroupWise fields.
- Click Save after you have selected values for all associated fields.
- Click Yes in the Confirmation Dialog box.
Note: GroupWise Document Types and Property Fields can be created prior to Template creation.
- ViewWise/GroupWise Connector Product Information
- If you didn't have an opportunity to see our GroupWise/ViewWise Live Demo at Brainshare 2002, click here to see a brief 2 minute video of Groupwise Connector live demo on the web http://www.computhink.com/products/_multimedia/groupwise_connector_video.wmv.
- Computhink's ViewWise is the premier document/image management system for GroupWise and NetWare. Visit our website at http://www.computhink.com or for more information contact our Sales Department at 800 (98)THINK or email us at email@example.com.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com