Cool Tool: GroupWise Archive Merging Made Easy
Novell Cool Solutions: Trench
Digg This -
Posted: 11 Mar 2004
Do departed or moved users, users logging into multiple workstations, or incomplete archives often leave you needing to merge messages from one archive to another? Email Essentials' MergeIt 2.0 adds new features to simplify uniting the archives.
MergeIt runs as a GUI tool. If run by an administrator it can merge any two archives, regardless of ownership, without going through the exercise of manually unarchiving, searching and re-archiving messages, on top of multiple archive FID renames.
- Simple GUI interface. Select the two archive directories and press Start.
- Merges any two archives regardless of ownership (provided you have administrator rights).
- Prevents duplicate messages - great when rebuilding an archive from backups.
- Built in GUI FID change utility (FIDIt).
- Progression meter and message counts.
- Runs 2 - 4 times faster than unarchiving, searching, and re-archiving items.
- No messages are missed in the merge!
Note: Requires the GroupWise 6.0.3 or 6.5 client on any Windows 9x, NT, 2000 or XP platform
A trial version and additional information can be obtained by visiting http://www.messagingarchitects.com/products/free-gw-tools/email-essentials/mergeit.html
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com