iManager Developer Kit
Novell iManager is a state-of-the-art Web-based administration console that provides customized secure access to network administration utilities and content from any location in the world. With a global view of your network from one browser-based tool, you can proactively assess and respond to changing network demands. Using iManager, you can administer Novell eDirectory and many Novell and third-party products, including Novell Open Enterprise Server, Novell Identity Manager, Novell Audit, and Border Manager.
iManager 2.x includes several enhancements over previous iManager versions:
- Support for JSPs instead of HTML templates
- Access to the Novell SecretStore capabilities
- User customization of the interface without access to unauthorized activities
- Persistent user configurations
- History tracking
- Synchronization of administrative information between multiple servers
- APIs to access files in attached network file systems
- Protocol independence
The iManager 2.x Developer Kit includes a migration tool that converts existing iManager 1.5 plug-ins to iManager 2.x plug-ins. Plug-ins from versions of iManager before 1.5 cannot be converted and must be redeveloped as native iManager 2.x plug-ins.
The iManager 2.x Developer Kit provides tools to develop and test iManager gadgets. It includes sample gadgets, documentation, and a version of the Tomcat HTTP server and servlet container that is configured for testing iManager 2.x plug-ins.
Your use of these files is subject to the Novell Developer License Agreement unless different license terms accompany the file itself, in which case those terms govern.
- No change.
- Made minor edits and technical updates.
- Updated the content in Section 1.1 to be consistent with iManager 2.7.2.
- Updated the content in Section 3.3 to be consistent with iManager 2.7.2.
- Updated the content in Section 6.3.3 to be consistent with iManager 2.7.2.
- Updated the content in Section 7.1.1 to be consistent with iManager 2.7.2.
- Added Section 7.3, “Plug-In Information Through XML,” on page 85 to be consistent with iManager 2.7.1.
- Updated the content in Section 7.5.1 to be consistent with iManager 2.7.2.
- Updated the content in Appendix A.3 to be consistent with iManager 2.7.2.
- No change.
This component is peer supported by the Novell developer community.
novell.devsup.imgrsdk (read-only) News