OES 2015 Developer Suite
Novell's latest release of OES, OES 2015, unveils new features and functionality changes, including:
- SMBv2 support in Novell CIFS
- Support for NSS volumes which exceed 16 TB
- Integrated Active Directory support (along with continued eDirectory support)
- DFS Junction Management
In order to support features that have been introduced in OES 2015, various NDK components have been refreshed. For some NDK components, new APIs have been introduced. In other cases, existing APIs have been improved to encompass the new OES 2015 features.
As a Developer/Partner, Novell encourages you to download OES 2015 and begin testing your software on the OES 2015 platform.
This Developer Suite associates NDK components that should be considered when developing to OES 2015.
OES 2015 Related Components
- File System Services (64-Bit)
- NetWare Core Protocol (NCP) (Specific changes for OES 2015 can be found here)
- Novell Identity Translator (NIT) (NEW: Introduced with OES 2015)
- NSS Auditing SDK
- SMS Developer Components (No changes for OES 2015)
- Virtual File Services
- XAttr Extension for NSS
- OES Cross-Platform Libraries (Xplat)