SMS Developer Components
Storage Management Services (SMS) is an API framework that backup applications consume in order to provide a complete backup solution on NetWare® and SUSE® LINUX Enterprise Server (SLES). Some important properties of this framework include
- SMS exposes a single consistent interface across all file systems and applications on all supported platforms. Thus, backup applications written to this API can work with NSS, GroupWise®, or Novell iFolder®.
- SMS ensures backward compatibility at all times even while adding new features or interfaces. This enables backup applications to continue to work with newer SMS versions even as they upgrade their feature set.
- Backup applications developed using the SMS framework that successfully meet the Novell YES CERTIFIED testing criteria, qualify to use the YES CERTIFIED logo.
The SMS framework is implemented by two main components:
- Storage Management Data Requestor (SMDR)
- Target Service Agent (TSA)
SMDR defines the API framework and a TSA provides an implementation of the API for a particular target.
DownloadsYour use of these files is subject to the Novell Developer License Agreement unless different license terms accompany the file itself, in which case those terms govern.
- SMS Developer Components Linux - Readme
- SMS Developer Components NetWare Windows - Readme
- SMS Developer Components - API Doc (HTML | PDF)
- SMS and Backup Application Development - Recommendations (PDF)
- SMS Developer Components Linux - Dependencies
- SMS Developer Components NetWare Windows - Dependencies
This component is peer supported by the Novell developer community.
novell.devsup.smscomp (read-only) News