Have the Required Lab Setup
For the tasks and exercises described in this guide, you will need the following:
- A Linux server that meets the following requirements:
- Is a server-class computer
- Has at least a Pentium* II processor (Pentium 4 at 1.5 GHz recommended)
- Has at least 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Has at least 30 GB free disk space
- Has one of the supported Linux platforms installed:
- SuSE* Linux Enterprise Server 8.0
- Red Hat* Enterprise Linux AS 2.1
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES 2.1
- Complies with the Linux installation requirements specified in Follow the Server Installation Requirements
- Has the gettext RPM installed
- Has an active IP connection to your lab network and the Internet
- If you intend to test Novell iPrint, you will need a printer with an assigned static IP address and a connection to your lab network.
- For iPrint testing you will also need a printer driver for the printer for your Windows* workstation type (next item).
- To test iPrint or the GroupWise® Collaboration Client, you will need one or more Windows workstations with Internet Explorer 6 SP1 or later installed and running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Windows NT* 4
- Windows 95/98/ME
IMPORTANT: If you plan to test the GroupWise client, you must ensure that the Windows workstations do not have a GroupWise client installed. Having a client installed will invalidate the installation instructions in this guide.
If you remove a client from a workstation, you must also delete the Novell directory usually located at the root of the local hard drive with all its subdirectories and files.