6.1 Benefits of High
Running iPrint on a NetWare® cluster provides the
- Centralized management
- By configuring the Print Management
Database to reside on a shared disk cluster volume, you no longer
need to replicate information to achieve high availability.
- The cluster console GUI allows you to monitor and
control the location of cluster volumes with the Broker and Print
Manager services using them from a single management workstation.
- Because cluster volumes are tightly consistent and
highly available, distributed print management tasks are simplified.
- Automatic restart of print services
- If a server fails, the cluster volume
containing the Print Management Database and spool area automatically
remounts on a surviving server in the cluster. The Broker and Print Manager
NLM™ software will also automatically restart without user
- On restart, the Broker and Print Manager will discover
the Print Management Database on a cluster volume mounted on their
server. Because the cluster volume is the same regardless of which
server it is mounted on, no print-related information is lost or
out of date.