Novell Significantly Reduces Network Administration and Management Costs
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software, today announced the availability of ZENworks for Servers 2, software that can dramatically reduce the cost of network administration by simplifying and automating server management.
- ZENworks for Servers 2 sets new standard in network management by simplifying and automating the management of network servers
- Allows businesses to more easily share resources with customers, partners and suppliers by providing software and data distribution to servers across the Internet
- Combination of Novell server and desktop management tools enables businesses to save millions of dollars each year
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software, today announced the availability of ZENworks for Servers 2, software that can dramatically reduce the cost of network administration by simplifying and automating server management. ZENworks for Servers also allows businesses to more easily share resources with customers, partners and suppliers by providing software and data distribution to NetWare® and Windows* 2000/NT servers across both the Internet and internal networks. Further, the combination of Novell's ZENworks for Servers and ZENworks for Desktops, announced earlier this year, can save businesses millions of dollars each year by providing enterprise-wide software distribution from company servers down to individual workstations and end-to-end network management. Both products are now available separately and as a bundle featuring a special reduced price.
"By automating and simplifying the management of the California Highway Patrol's large network, ZENworks for Servers significantly reduces the cost and time involved in network administration and allows us to spend more time on strategic projects and less on routine server maintenance," said Bruce McLeod, system architect for the California Highway Patrol. "With ManageWise® features now included in ZENworks for Servers we have a full management console offering everything from software distribution to the ability to proactively monitor the health of our network from a single point. But ZENworks for Servers doesn't just benefit our IT staff. The CHP is an organization that lives on regularly changing forms, and ZENworks for Servers will allow us to always keep those forms up to date and available for end users."
ZENworks for Servers supports Novell's one Net vision, allowing companies to distribute data or software to servers across the Net, whether inside or outside the company firewall. This capability allows businesses to address the market demand for sharing information dynamically with customers, partners and suppliers.
ZENworks for Servers solves the problem of server management on large networks and across the Net by offering customers several key benefits:
- Centralized directory-enabled management Built on industry-leading NDS® eDirectory, ZENworks for Servers allows the management of multiple servers from a single location, enabling administrators to control server downtime and manage software distribution.
- Business-to-business data sharing ZENworks for Servers supports software and data distribution to NetWare and Windows 2000/NT servers across the Internet, extranets and internal networks, enabling businesses to easily share dynamic data with partners, customers or suppliers.
- Integration with ZENworks for Desktops When combined with ZENworks for Desktops, ZENworks for Servers uses Tiered Electronic Distribution (TED) to give businesses end-to-end software distribution for their entire network. Together these products allow administrators to automatically deploy desktop applications and patches from a central point to multiple servers at multiple sites and then to individual workstations.
- Full management console The functionality of ManageWise is now a component of ZENworks for Servers, including the ability to monitor network resources, analyze network traffic, and keep track of network inventory and up-time.
- Policy-enabled NetWare servers ZENworks for Servers allows administrators to define policies for NetWare servers that automate many day-to-day server maintenance activities. For example, servers can be programmed to automatically run the latest virus protection patch once the file is delivered via ZENworks for Servers.
"ZENworks for Servers helps companies manage costs by significantly minimizing the downtime and delay associated with delivering and installing new server or desktop applications," said Craig Miller, vice president and general manager of Novell's Net Management Services Division. "When combined with ZENworks for Desktops, businesses gain a policy-based management solution for their entire network that can literally save millions of dollars. Administrators can automate software packages or desktop images, deploy them once on a single server, and let Tiered Electronic Distribution deliver the content to servers and desktops throughout the organization."
Pricing and Availability
Licenses to ZENworks for Servers 2 are available today through authorized Novell® resellers, by calling Novell's Customer Response Center at (888) 321-4272 or through http://shop.novell.com. Pricing for licenses to ZENworks for Servers 2 is $59 per user. A per server licensing option is also available at $3,000 per server. This server-based license option allows customers to license ZENworks for Servers per server, independent of the number of users who access its services, programs or applications. For Novell licensing program customers who require an end-to-end network management solution, a ZENworks for Desktops/ZENworks for Servers bundle is also available for $79 per user license.
Novell, Inc. (NASDAQ:NOVL), is the leading provider of Net services software that delivers services to secure and power all types of networks the Internet, intranets, and extranets; wired to wireless; corporate and public across leading operating systems. Novell's Net services software provides the foundation for one Net a single global network that supports new applications and forms of business. Worldwide channel, consulting, education and technical support programs, along with strategic alliances, combine Novell Net services software with third-party products and services to form complete Net solutions.
For information on Novell's complete range of products and services, contact Novell's Customer Response Center at (888) 321-4CRC (4272), or visit Novell's Web site at http://www.novell.com. Press may access Novell announcements and company information on the World Wide Web at http://www.novell.com/pressroom. In addition, detailed comparisons between Novell products and competitive offerings from other vendors are available on the Web at http://www.novell.com/competitive.
Novell, NetWare, ManageWise and NDS are registered trademarks, and eDirectory and ZENworks are trademarks of Novell, Inc. in the United States and other countries. *All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Ready to talk? Fill out the form below, or call .
* Required Fields