Today, during Novell's 16th annual BrainShare conference, the company announced new products and services that support its Net services strategy of securing and powering Net-based business.
The announcements include:
- "Novell Announces Blueprint for Net Economy Software" All Novell products will now be mapped against a new architectural model, code-named DENIM(SM) (Directory-enabled Net Infrastructure Model), that provides a customer-centric, eBusiness-focused framework for deploying directory-enabled products and services.
- "Novell Announces Open Beta of DirXML Technology Links and Manages Business Critical Data Across One Net" Novell today announced the open beta availability for the DirXML technology, enabling organizations to easily link and manage user profiles across divergent platforms and networks.
- "Novell Announces Immediate Availability of Enterprise-Ready Product, instantme; Free Instant Messaging Client Lets Users Communicate in Real-Time on the Net" Targeted at businesses, instantme extends the ability for users to communicate in real-time with partners, suppliers and customers.
- "Novell to Offer Messaging for the Solaris and Linux Platforms" The Novell Internet Messaging System (NIMS) has now been extended into the Solaris and Linux markets in order to address the growing demand for messaging services that secure, simplify and accelerate eBusiness environments. GroupWise will also be made available natively on Solaris and Linux.
- "Novell GroupWise Goes Wireless" GroupWise, Novell's premier knowledge platform, will now deliver a wide array of Net services software through AT&T PocketNet service for business customers, including messaging, calendaring and workflow.
- "Novell Announces ZENworks Product Bundles; New Pricing/Packaging Provides Higher Value to Customers Novell's ZENworks products enable organizations to simplify and centralize management of multiple servers at once, and map business needs to the way customers use the network.
- "Novell Announces NetWare Promotions and Milestones at BrainShare 2000" Novell today with Compaq, Oracle and Intel, announced NetWare 5.1 and Modesto partnership and technology updates that fit within the DENIM architecture and underscore Novell's pledge to deliver Net services software across one Net environments.*
- "Novell and Industry Partners Showcase Net Services Software at BrainShare 2000" An impressive array of new technology from Novell and its industry partners will be displayed at the BrainShare Technology Lab, including Novell's Open Administration Host (NOAH) and a next-generation file services software code-named Aquarium.
- "Novell Industry Partners Showcase Directory Applications at BrainShare" More than 80 key industry partners will be demonstrating innovative directory-enabled products and technologies at BrainShare, with executives from Compaq, IBM, Intel, Lucent and Sun to deliver keynote speeches.
Press releases are available at http://www.novell.com/pressroom/presskit/brainshare2000/index.html.