Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 Powers Growing Small Business Market
Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 Provides Customers a Reliable Network and Variety of Applications that Give Small Businesses the Same Tools Many Fortune 500 Firms Use
Demonstrating its continued commitment to the growing small business market, Novell, Inc. today announced the Novell® Small Business Suite 5.1. This suite delivers the reliability and scalability of Novell NetWare® 5.1, the security and dependability of Novell NDS® eDirectory services, and the manageability of Novell GroupWise® 5.5—enabling small businesses to take advantage of the same tools that help many Fortune 500 companies manage and grow their businesses. Additionally, Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 contains key partner products including IBM WebSphere*, Network Associates VirusScan* and NetShield*, Oracle8i*, Tobit FaxWare*, and others.
The small business market is expected to grow steadily to more than 2.8 million firms in North America in 2004, with more than 90% using networks. Since the release of NetWare for Small Business in 1998, Novell small business product sales have more than doubled and small business reseller training sessions have reached record attendance. Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 now expands the capabilities of Novell customers, allowing them to communicate faster and more securely, and truly take advantage of the power of the internet.
"Today's business environment requires companies of all sizes to have reliable networks and tools that combine their internal network, extranet and the Internet in a one Net environment," said Craig Miller, vice president and general manager of Novell's Net Management business unit. "Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 provides an integrated set of products that satisfy nearly every networking need that small businesses have. The suite also provides customers with the flexibility they need to expand their networks as their companies grow."
Computer Physicians, Inc., a 13-person office in Glendale, CA, provides Information Systems consulting for more than 200 clients and was a beta customer for Novell Small Business Suite 5.1. "Novell's Small Business Suite greatly simplifies the installation and management of our network," said Marc Leeka with Computer Physicians, Inc. "Small and mid-sized businesses require the simple installation and low maintenance that Novell's Small Business Suite provides. Integrating these products makes the solution affordable while also giving us the flexibility to grow at the pace we need to be successful."
New Additions and Enhancements
Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 provides critical tools a small business needs to accelerate eBusiness initiatives, including remote access, collaboration, faxing and Web serving capabilities. New tools small business customers will benefit from include:
- The Standard Installation option in Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 has been enhanced to enable customers to more easily create and configure their networks.
- Novell BorderManager 3.5 Firewall with Proxy/Caching Services, Novell's Internet security management suite that allows small businesses to cost-effectively deploy industry leading firewall and proxy/caching services for comprehensive security protection.
- Free installation support is available to help install the Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 server, Novell GroupWise and the connection to the Internet.
- Novell NetWare 5.1, the number one network for Internet-enabled businesses, Novell NetWare 5.1 provides small business customers with the advantages of a pure IP-based operating system, including WebSphere, NetWare Management Portal, and the reliability and scalability of Novell NDS eDirectory.
- Other enhancements have been made to the various tools and utilities in the suite, such as the Novell Internet Connection Wizard, the Novell Easy Administration Tool and the Upgrade Wizard—making it easier than ever to install and manage a one Net environment.
- Novell GroupWise 5.5— Novell® GroupWise® is the knowledge platform that delivers a wide array of Net services software, including messaging, calendaring, document management and workflow, making everyday work processes such as sending e-mail, setting up meetings or collaborating on projects easier.
- Novell ZENworks Starter Pack—An application and desktop management product that leverages the power of Novell NDS eDirectory to automate administrative tasks such as printer configuration, software distribution and inventories, and remote desktop management.
Value-added Partner Solutions
As part of Novell's Small Business Suite 5.1, Novell provides customers with a complete set of integrated applications from key partners. Products include:
- Pervasive.SQL* 2000 is a leading database solution for creating platform-independent applications that are customized to fit any type of small business.
- FaxWare 6, the latest version of FaxWare from Tobit, supports pure Internet Protocol (IP) and the latest Brooktrout fax modems.
- Updated versions of the NAI VirusScan and NetShield for NetWare virus protection products from Network Associates protect customers' networks against damaging virus problems.
- Oracle8i, the powerful database tool that ships that ships with NetWare, enables customers to run their existing database applications that track inventory and customer order status.
Pricing and Availability
English Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 will ship within 30 days. A server plus five user license of Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 will be available for $1,295 (USD) and additional user licenses can be added in any increment of 1, 5, or 25 for $70 (USD) per user. Customers can upgrade from competing products, as well as older versions of NetWare at $695 (USD) for a server plus five users, $995 (USD) for a server plus 10 users, or $1,695 (USD) for a server plus 25 users package. Additional servers can be purchased separately. For more information about Novell Small Business Suite 5.1 see www.novell.com/products/smallbiz or talk to a Novell authorized reseller.
Novell also offers a one-day seminar on NSBS 5.1, which enables business owners and system administrators to evaluate the benefits of NSBS 5.1 for their environment. Additional information is available at http://education.novell.com or by contacting a Novell Authorized Education CenterSM (NAECSM) worldwide.
Novell, Inc. (NASDAQ:NOVL), is a leading provider of Net services software that delivers services to secure and power all types of networks the Internet, intranets, and extranets; wired to wireless; corporate and public across leading operating systems. Novell's Net services software provides the foundation for one Net a single global network that supports new applications and forms of business. Worldwide channel, consulting, education and technical support programs, along with strategic alliances, combine Novell Net services software with third-party products and services to form complete Net solutions.
For information on Novell's complete range of products and services, contact Novell's Customer Response Center at (888) 321-4CRC (4272), or visit Novell's Web site at http://www.novell.com. Press may access Novell announcements and company information on the World Wide Web at http://www.novell.com/pressroom. In addition, detailed comparisons between Novell products and competitive offerings from other vendors are available on the Web at http://www.novell.com/competitive.
Novell, NetWare, GroupWise and NDS are registered trademarks, and BorderManager, eDirectory, NAEC, Novell Authorized Education Center, Novell Easy Administration Tool and ZENworks are trademarks or service marks of Novell, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
* All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.Press Contacts:
Telephone: (801) 222-4048
Ready to talk? Fill out the form below, or call .
* Required Fields