Novell eDirectory Named Product of the Year
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software, today announced that Network Magazine, a leading publication focused on networking and the Internet, named eDirectory 8.5 its product of the year for best directory service, reconfirming Novell's role as a leader in Net innovation.
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software, today announced that Network Magazine, a leading publication focused on networking and the Internet, named eDirectory 8.5 its product of the year for best directory service, reconfirming Novell's role as a leader in Net innovation. Network Magazine praised Novell® eDirectory, the industry's most deployed directory service, with nearly 139 million users worldwide, for being the only directory service to support the multiple operating systems that exist in today's enterprises, including NetWare®, Windows* NT/2000, Solaris*, Linux*, Tru64 UNIX* and soon IBM AIX*. Network Magazine's award recognizes the real business value of Novell's eDirectory, the only solution on the market that lets customers centrally manage network access, security, and network resources in today's emerging, one Net environment.
The criteria used to judge Products of the Year candidates include the broad appeal of the product to the publication's reader base; competitive enhancements that the product offers; price/performance advantages; technical ingenuity; new features and applications; and serviceability to the market. According to Network Magazine, "The vision driving the adoption of directories is that, once they have been adopted widely enough as a repository of user information, we'll have arrived at a single Net, tying intranets, extranets, and the Internet together. No company has better articulated that vision or delivered on some of its important components than Novell. In order for directories to drive real gains for businesses, they need to run natively on every OS that's important to the Internet not just one. Novell eDirectory robust and scalable is exactly where it needs to be."
"We are excited that eDirectory has won Network Magazine's product of the year award, continuing a tradition of industry recognition for Novell's directory expertise. This proves that our Net services software is becoming increasingly critical in answering the needs of customers who, today more than ever, need their networks to handle the unrelenting demands created by eBusiness," said Paul Smart, vice president and general manager of Novell's Net Directory business. "Since the release of eDirectory 8.5 in October of last year, we have continued to make significant advancements to ensure its success as the world's #1 directory service. Novell's goal is to give customers the power to better leverage the technology they have, not force them down a specific technology path. eDirectory does this."
Network Magazine's Product of the Year Awards is the latest in a series of awards given to Novell's directory product. Other recent awards and accolades include:
- 2000 - Software Product of the year, eDirectory 8 (Network Computing)
- 2000 -Product of the Year Award, eDirectory 8 (Network Magazine)
- 2000 - Well Connected Award, eDirectory 8 (Network Computing)
- 1999 - Product of the Year, eDirectory 8 (Information Week)
- 1999 - Product of the Year,eDirectory 8 - Corporate Category (PCkurier, Poland)
- 1999 - Product of the Year - Directory Services, NDS for NT (LAN Magazine, Asian Edition)
- 1999 - Well-Connected Award - Directory Services (Network Computing)
- 1999 - Product of the Year - Directory Services, NDS for NT (Network Magazine)
- 1999 - Product of the Month for April, NDS for NT (Softwarove Noviny, Czech Republic)
- 1998 - Best Product of the Year - Directory Services (LAN Magazine-Russia, Russia)
- 1998 - Product of the Year - Network Management, NDS for NT (Networks Industry Awards, UK)
- 1998 - Well-Connected Award - Directory Services (Network Computing)
- 1998 - Best Access Control Product SECURE Computing Awards, UK)
- 1998 - Product of the Year - Directory Services (Network Magazine)
- 1998 - Innovation of the Year for Networks, NDS for NT (CeBit Germany)
Novell, Inc. (NASDAQ:NOVL), is the leading provider of Net services software that delivers services to secure and power all types of networks the Internet, intranets, and extranets; wired to wireless; corporate and public across leading operating systems. Novell's Net services software provides the foundation for one Net a single global network that supports new applications and forms of business. Worldwide channel, consulting, education and technical support programs, along with strategic alliances, combine Novell Net services software with third-party products and services to form complete Net solutions.
For information on Novell's complete range of products and services, contact Novell's Customer Response Center at (888) 321-4CRC (4272), or visit Novell's Web site at http://www.novell.com. Press may access Novell announcements and company information on the World Wide Web at http://www.novell.com/pressroom. In addition, detailed comparisons between Novell products and competitive offerings from other vendors are available on the Web at http://www.novell.com/competitive.
Novell, NDS and NetWare are registered trademarks, and eDirectory is a trademark of Novell, Inc. in the United States and other countries. *All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.