Novell Portal Services Puts a Personalized Face on the Web
Novell, Inc., a leading provider of Net business solutions, today announced the availability of Novell® Portal Services 1.5, the Net services software that brings together information and tools that are personalized for each user, allowing them to effectively communicate, share information and applications, make better decisions, and take action.
- Novell Portal Services 1.5 helps organizations realize the benefits of eBusiness faster, build and extend business relationships and simplify business processes
- Solutions built on Novell Portal Services deliver the same personalized user experience from anywhere, working seamlessly across all types of networks as one Net
Novell, Inc., a leading provider of Net business solutions, today announced the availability of Novell® Portal Services 1.5, the Net services software that brings together information and tools that are personalized for each user, allowing them to effectively communicate, share information and applications, make better decisions, and take action. Working across all types of networks as one Net, Novell Portal Services helps organizations realize the benefits of eBusiness faster, build strong partner relationships and simplify their business processes.
Novell Portal Services 1.5 makes it easy for users to customize portal interfaces to their preferred look and feel, find information, and set up online communities for sharing information and communicating with other community members across organizational boundaries. New management features help portal administrators further distribute portal administration responsibilities and provide more easily customizable portal content. With this release, Novell has also made possible the integration of multiple portals with key Novell Net services.
"Novell's is the only portal solution that leverages users' business context already stored in existing corporate systems to automatically personalize and secure the portal experience, delivering the right information to the right people," said Tom Karren, director of consulting at WingateWeb. "We think of user business context as virtually anything that identifies the user in corporate systems, like roles, locations, reporting structures, workgroups or any customizable field like cost codes. Novell Portal Services uses that context to make sure the user - and only that user- has access to every information source, team and tool needed to make him or her productive."
Unlike many portal offerings, key personalization and security infrastructure is tightly integrated with Novell Portal Services, though it is flexible enough to integrate with other portal solutions. Novell provides the deepest set of Net and professional services to provide a seamless user experience.
Allen Tietjen, director of Novell's Portal Solutions Group, said, "Using Novell Portal Services, a customer's portal solution can be customized to the organization's specific business needs, whether it's a personalized information dashboard to consistently help employees make better decisions or a partner portal to build and maintain a strong relationship to increase revenue and drive down the cost of doing business. A Novell portal solution is the best way to experience the benefits of one Net."
Novell Portal Services 1.5 also:
- Allows users to create online community Web sites without requiring IT intervention or Web development expertise. Communities help create groups that cross organizational boundaries and include file sharing, news posting, community calendars, links, discussion threads and chat.
- Provides a leading search engine, AltaVista* Search, which relates searching to a user's business context for more secure and productive search results.
- Integrates with other portal solutions, such as Yahoo!* Portal Builder, to deliver the benefits of Net services to end users. Novell Portal Services can also insert individual portal components into standard Web pages, making it easier for users to get to the resources they need.
- Makes it easy to distribute and secure portal administration responsibilities as well as leverages the power of Novell eDirectory™ to customize a portal's content, look and feel based on users' common traits, such as department, security level or location.
- Runs on the most popular eBusiness platforms, including Solaris*, Windows NT*/2000, Linux* and Novell NetWare®.
Pricing and Availability
Novell Portal Services 1.5 is now available in English, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese for $59 per user or $49,000 per CPU through Novell Authorized ResellersSM and solution providers worldwide. A free evaluation copy of Novell Portal Services 1.5 is available at http://download.novell.com.
Novell, Inc. (NASDAQ: NOVL), is a leader in eBusiness solutions and Net services software designed to secure and power the networked world. Novell and its eServices division, Cambridge Technology Partners, help organizations solve complex business challenges, simplify their systems and processes, and capture new opportunities with one Net solutions. Novell provides worldwide channel, consulting, education and developer programs to support its offerings.
For information on Novell's complete range of products and services, contact Novell's Customer Response Center at (888) 321-4CRC (4272), or visit Novell's Web site at http://www.novell.com. Information on eBusiness and integration solutions from Cambridge Technology Partners can be accessed at http://www.ctp.com. Press may access Novell announcements and company information on the World Wide Web at http://www.novell.com/pressroom.
Novell, NetWare and Cambridge Technology Partners are registered trademarks, eDirectory is a trademark, and Novell Authorized Reseller is a service mark of Novell, Inc. in the United States and other countries. *All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Telephone: (801) 861-2931
Ready to talk? Fill out the form below, or call .
* Required Fields