Novell K.K. Offers SLES9 Support in Novell Nsure Identity Manager
Novell K.K. announced that it will begin shipping Novell Nsure Identity Manager 2.0.1, a new version of Novell Nsure Identity Manager with additional support platforms including Novell SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (SLES9). The new version will be available on September 24. Novell Nsure Identity Manager is a component of Novell Nsure, a security solution based on identity.
Novell Nsure Identity Manager is a metadirectory product that offers powerful security and flexible management at the same time. It reduces corporate IT administration cost and improves productivity, as well as offering better IT experience to end users. This is realized through integrated user management through automatic synchronization between user account management database and various OSes and applications. The product offers a powerful assistance to organizations in coping with various security issues in daily business activities.
The new version includes the following improvements:
- Additional platform support The following platforms, including SLES9, are added as supported platforms.
- Novell SUES LINUX Enterprise Server
- AIX 5.2L
- Windows Server 2003*
- RedHat Enterprise Linux AS 3
- Windows Server 2003 support in the previous version (Novell Nsure Identity Manager 2.0) was limited to Remote Loader for integration purpose, but the new version offers additional support as the platform to run Nsure Identity Manager.
- Tighter integration with Nsure Audit The new version offers tighter integration with Nsure Audit, an audit application by Novell, through audit report template. Customers can easily create audit report with minimum customization.
- Availability September 24
- Pricing Open Priced
Novell, Inc. (Nasdaq: NOVL) is a leading provider of infrastructure software and services to over 50,000 customers in 43 countries. With more than 20 years of experience in data center, workgroup and desktop solutions, Novell's 6,000 employees, 5,000 partners and support centers around the world are meeting customer requirements for identity-driven computing and Linux solutions. By providing enterprise-class software and support for commercial and open source software, Novell delivers increased operating flexibility and choice at a lower total cost of ownership. More information about Novell can be found at http://www.novell.com.
Novell, NetWare, Novell iFolder, Ximian and ZENworks are registered trademarks; eDirectory, exteNd, Novell Storage Services, Nsure, Nterprise and YES CERTIFIED are trademarks; BrainShare is a registered service mark; and Ngage is a service mark of Novell, Inc. in the United States and other countries. SUSE is a registered trademark of SUSE LINUX AG, a Novell business. *All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Ready to talk? Fill out the form below, or call .
* Required Fields