Fact Sheet: Novell Linux Point of Service 9
Novell Linux Point of Service 9 Features and Benefits
Novell® Linux Point of Service is a dynamic operating system for retail-store sales terminals, kiosk systems, self-service infrastructures and reverse vending systems. It provides a system platform and in-store servers along with a scalable and reliable deployment infrastructure. Version 9 will include:
- Five customizable Linux* client images that give customers flexibility to choose an optimized image for their specific point-of-service systems. The images include a reduced operating system footprint, which allows customers to extend the life of their existing point-of-service hardware through lower hardware requirements.
- Tools to integrate additional software into the client image, such as point-of-service applications from Novell's retail industry software vendor partners.
- An in-store server that provides a simplified method for deploying Linux to the point-of-service systems. This in-store server is also used to run third-party in-store server applications, such as inventory management, workforce management and loss prevention.
- The ability for customers to manage their Linux point-of-service client images centrally and deploy them locally, thus reducing the cost of deployment.
- Unique management capabilities that reduce the administration costs of point-of-service systems.
Novell is a registered trademark of Novell, Inc. in the United States and other countries. *All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.