Novell Promotes Partner Ecosystem with New Growth Incentives
Free technical support, improved training, and marketing and sales support anchor partner-centric approach
Novell today announced a new initiative to increase revenue and profitability for solution providers and consulting partners who specialize in selling Novell® technologies. Among other benefits, Novell will offer enhanced partner education, joint marketing opportunities, and free technical support for those partners demonstrating expertise in selling and supporting Novell software. Novell is also creating a new partner executive sales team which will be dedicated to, and compensated on, partner success. Working with Novell now gives partners even more compelling options for delivering IT value to their customers.
"A thriving solution provider and consulting ecosystem selling and servicing Novell software is critical to us and a significant investment focus of the company," said Ron Hovsepian, Novell president and CEO. "We've made real progress in expanding our partner ecosystem this last year, with important agreements with Capgemini, Dell, IBM, Lenovo, Microsoft, SAP and more. We're putting even more focus on our solution provider and consulting partners as we move into 2008. We're going to make it easier and more profitable for these partners to deliver Novell-based solutions, and we'll encourage customers to have their IT needs met by our partners, rather than directly from Novell."
Novell's PartnerNet® program, a fully integrated platform for establishing, managing, promoting and measuring the company's indirect routes to market, encompasses Novell's technology, training and solution provider partners. Over the last year, Novell has invested significantly to ensure it has the right partner sales and delivery capacity to support its key growth markets. Following the introduction of functional specializations last fall, Novell's solution provider community is now almost fully certified in one or more of four PartnerNet categories: Linux, Identity & Security Management, Systems & Resource Management and Workgroup. Today's initiative will further help Novell solution provider and consulting partners increase their revenue and profit growth when working with Novell.
Key new benefits include:
- Top-level PartnerNet members will be assigned a Novell partner executive who will be focused on, and compensated for, the partner's success.
- Novell is creating a market development fund to invest in market development activities with PartnerNet specialist partners.
- Novell will encourage customers to work with partners by increasing the minimum spending level customers must meet to qualify for a direct license agreement with Novell.
- Novell will partner and share domain expertise with consultants and systems integrators, who will serve as the primary route to customers for consulting and integration services around Novell technologies.
- Novell is creating additional incentives for partner profitability in 2008, particularly for those partners who join the Novell PartnerNet program at the Silver, Gold and Platinum levels. These will be rolled out over the course of the year.
PartnerNet membership will also provide additional value to specialized partners and reward their value and sales results. For example:
- Partners who reach one or more technology specialization levels within PartnerNet will have access to free and unlimited technical support from Novell.
- Novell has implemented a new process for specialized partners to register sales and influenced sales, receive sales leads, and monitor, measure and manage their Novell business in real time.
- PartnerNet solution provider and consulting partners who specialize will receive more focused sales and technical training resources.
"We don't represent a software vendor unless the software helps us truly help customers, we can get training and support when we need it, and we can be profitable," said Mike Norris, CEO of Computacenter, a leading Novell partner in the United Kingdom, France, Germany and the Benelux region. "Novell's improvements to their PartnerNet program help on all these fronts. We're providing our customers with great solutions to their IT issues, without breaking their IT budget or locking them into technology that won't serve them over the long run."
More information about the improvements to Novell's PartnerNet program are available at www.novell.com/partners.
Novell, Inc. (Nasdaq: NOVL) delivers infrastructure software for the Open Enterprise. Novell is a leader in desktop to data center operating systems based on Linux and the software required to secure and manage mixed IT environments. Novell helps customers around the world minimize cost, complexity and risk, allowing them to focus on innovation and growth. For more information, visit www.novell.com.
Novell is a registered trademark and PartnerNet is a registered service mark of Novell, Inc. in the United States and other countries. *Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. All other third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.