Novell Extends Identity and Security Management Capabilities with New Technology Partners
Customers benefit from trusted partner expertise, integration with Novell solutions and seamless technical support
Responding to customer needs for a seamless end-to-end identity and security infrastructure, Novell today announced seven new vendors have joined its identity and security management technology partner ecosystem. Enterprises today are faced with defending against increasing security threats and meeting compliance in a complex and heterogeneous IT environment. By teaming with these vendors, Novell helps customers cost-effectively increase security and streamline their identity infrastructure by delivering a broader choice of solutions. Products from the new partners, when combined with Novell's identity and security management offerings, will enable enterprises to further leverage Novell's solutions to solve specific business challenges.
“The identity and security market continues to grow rapidly, both in solution sets and more demanding customer requirements,” said Gerry Gebel, vice president and service director at Burton Group. “Distributed business models, workforces and applications that are supported by heterogeneous technologies require flexible solutions that deliver more immediate value for customers. No single vendor can meet all these demands, so a vibrant partner and implementation ecosystem is vital.”
New partners Aveksa, Blackbird Group, Eurekify, Layer 7 Technologies, LogLogic, Quest Software and SailPoint Technologies were selected to become Novell identity and security management partners because of their expertise in specific security technologies. These vendors extend Novell's partner ecosystem beyond its global strategic alliances with companies like Honeywell, Microsoft and SAP, and its PartnerNet® program with hundreds of independent software and hardware vendors. Working with these technology vendors is another example of how Novell, through its infrastructure software and partnerships, harmoniously integrates mixed-IT environments, allowing people and technology to work as one.
“Novell is committed to expanding our partner ecosystem to help customers address their business challenges,” said Jim Ebzery, senior vice president of Identity and Security Management at Novell. “We welcome the addition of these seven new partners, as they augment our ability to deliver the industry's best and most comprehensive portfolio of solutions designed to control access, manage identity and prove compliance.”
Novell's new partners have a product or expertise that integrates well with Novell's identity and security management portfolio. Customers also benefit from seamless technical support – no matter which vendor is contacted, issues are tracked and resolved by either Novell or the technology partner.
- Aveksa: Enhances governance capabilities for managing roles as well as reviewing and certifying access rights in the enterprise, complementing Novell Identity Manager and Novell Sentinel™.
- Blackbird Group: Strengthens backup and restore capabilities for Novell Identity Manager and Novell eDirectory™.
- Eurekify: Provides enhanced privilege, role and policy management capabilities for Novell Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module.
- Layer 7 Technologies: Extends the reach of Novell Access Manager™ to include security and management of Web services.
- LogLogic: Provides enterprise-wide log management and intelligence to augment Novell Sentinel and Novell Identity Manager with user activity history, long-term log storage and forensic review and search capabilities.
- Quest Software: Extends the reach of Novell Identity Manager to include users, rights and authentication on Linux* and UNIX* systems with Microsoft Active Directory.
- SailPoint Technologies: Provides access certification, policy enforcement, and identity risk management to complement Novell Identity Manager and Novell Sentinel.
“In this age of ever-tightening compliance mandates and escalating security threats, companies do not have the luxury of taking a piecemeal approach to security,” said Dominique Levin, executive vice president of Marketing, Products and Business Development at LogLogic. “Managing identity access is a must for protection against internal threats, but the IT governance and compliance problem is wide in scope. This partnership allows for LogLogic's log management capabilities to bolster Novell's identity and security management offerings and for customers to add another brick to their enterprise security fortress.”
For more information about Novell's identity and security management portfolio, visit www.novell.com/management/security.
Novell, Inc. (Nasdaq: NOVL) delivers infrastructure software for the Open Enterprise. Novell is a leader in desktop to data center operating systems based on Linux and the software required to secure and manage mixed IT environments. Novell helps customers around the world minimize cost, complexity and risk, allowing them to focus on innovation and growth. For more information, visit www.novell.com.
Novell is a registered trademark, BrainShare and PartnerNet are registered service marks, and eDirectory, Access Manager and Sentinel are trademarks of Novell, Inc. in the United States and other countries. *Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds. All other third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.