Novell Ships PlateSpin Orchestrate 2.0
Support for all major hypervisors and new management interface helps data center administrators reduce costs, mitigate risks and manage complexity
Novell today announced the availability of PlateSpin Orchestrate 2.0, the most cost-effective management platform to simplify virtual machine life cycle management in heterogeneous IT environments. For customers that require basic management of virtual machines or robust automation throughout the data center, PlateSpin Orchestrate 2.0 manages virtual machines and physical resources for all the industry's leading hypervisors - including Windows Hyper-V, VMWare ESX and Xen integrated in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server - from a single interface, eliminating the need for data center administrators to master multiple tools. PlateSpin Orchestrate is part of Novell's portfolio of workload management solutions that enables customers to build an agile and interoperable next-generation data center using their existing IT investments.
"The availability of PlateSpin Orchestrate is another demonstration of how Novell is integrating PlateSpin technology with its data center workload portfolio," said Joe Wagner, senior vice president and general manager of Systems and Resource Management at Novell. "PlateSpin Orchestrate allows our customers to mitigate risk through the automation of error-prone manual processes and manage complexity by controlling the sprawl of virtual machines in the data center. Most importantly, for the realities of today's economic climate, it helps reduce costs by enabling enterprises to utilize their existing data center infrastructure and leverage open source virtualization while still maintaining powerful management capabilities."
PlateSpin Orchestrate (formerly Novell ZENworks Orchestrator) helps data center managers align IT resources to business needs. PlateSpin Orchestrate, along with the other products in Novell's PlateSpin family of workload management solutions - PlateSpin Recon, PlateSpin Migrate and PlateSpin Protect - enable customers to profile, migrate, protect and manage server workloads between physical and virtual infrastructures in heterogeneous IT environments.
Core new features of PlateSpin Orchestrate 2.0 include :
- Extended hypervisor support for Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX and ESXi and Xen integrated in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
- Native VMware ESX support that eliminates the need to use VMware vCenter to manage ESX-based virtual machines.
- Slick, intuitive and easy-to-use interface to ease the manual virtual machine management of complex virtual infrastructures across multiple hypervisor technologies from multiple vendors.
- LDAP support that enables direct integration with industry-leading user directories to simplify user management.
- Advanced automation based on user-defined events and triggers.
- Dramatically improved scalability for servicing hundreds of virtual machine hosts.
PlateSpin Orchestrate 2.0 is available now. For more information visit www.novell.com/products/orchestrate.
Ready to talk? Fill out the form below, or call .
* Required Fields