NetIQ Adds Identity, Security and Select Data Center Lines from Novell; Announces New Executive Leadership Team
Powerful Combination of Solutions, Deep Expertise and Global Support Delivers Greater Customer Value
NetIQ Corporation, a business unit of The Attachmate Group, today announced it will add the complete portfolio of Novell identity and security solutions and selected Novell data center solutions to the NetIQ business unit solution portfolio. The combination of these technologies into one business unit further deepens the NetIQ focus on identity, security and compliance management, IToperations management, virtualization and cloud computing. Under the leadership of Jay Gardner, president and general manager of NetIQ, the management team will spearhead the company's objectives of reducing IT cost, complexity and risk for its customers.
"By combining the NetIQ® portfolio with complementary Novell identity, security and data center management solutions, we are furthering our mission to better secure and manage our customers' heterogeneous IT environments, whether they are deploying solutions on physical systems, virtual systems or in public/private clouds," said Jay Gardner, president and general manager at NetIQ.
"The NetIQ mission remains helping our customers reduce cost, complexity and risk associated with IT service delivery. We will continue to promote the value of our solutions, demonstrate our exceptional customer service and technical expertise, and be easy to do business with so that customers can achieve these objectives," notes Gardner. "The team of leaders we've assembled will align the NetIQ and Novell identity, security and data center management product lines, strategy and roadmaps in order to carry out our mission to help ensure the success of our customers on a global scale."
With headquarters in Houston, Texas, the new NetIQ management team comprises a seasoned set of leaders from both the heritage NetIQ and Novell business units, taking on the following roles:
- Jay Gardner, President and General Manager
- Somesh Singh, Vice President of Engineering
- Ron Milton, Vice President of Customer Value Realization
- Bill Koehl, Vice President Sales - North America
- Ton Musters, Vice President of Sales - EMEA
- John Delk, Vice President, Client Executives - North America, Global Alliances and Americas Partner Organization
"Jay Gardner and his management team are exceptional," said Jeff Hawn, chairman and CEO at The Attachmate Group. "I have full confidence that together, they will design and execute the future of our NetIQ business unit and its products in a way that best supports our customers and encourages long-term loyalty to the brand."
Novell® product lines now operating under the NetIQ business unit include:
- Identity and Access Management - Novell Identity Manager, Novell Access Governance Suite, Novell Cloud Security Service, Novell Access Manager, Novell SecureLogin, Novell Privileged User Manager
- Security and Compliance Management - Novell Sentinel, Novell Sentinel Log Manager, Novell Compliance Management Platform
- Data Center Management - Novell Operations Center, Novell Cloud Manager, PlateSpin Forge®, PlateSpin® Migrate, PlateSpin Orchestrate, PlateSpin Protect, PlateSpin Recon
NetIQ is an enterprise software company with relentless focus on customer success. Leveraging its WorkloadIQ philosophy, NetIQ helps customers cost-effectively tackle complex information protection challenges such as FISMA, FDCC/SCAP, PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX and NERC CIP and securely deliver and manage computing services across physical, virtual and cloud computing environments. For information on how our solutions yield reduced cost, complexity and risk, contact us.
Copyright© 2011 NetIQ Corporation. All Rights Reserved. NetIQ and the NetIQ logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of NetIQ Corporation in the USA. Novell, the Novell logo, PlateSpin, and PlateSpin Forge are registered trademarks of Novell Inc. in the USA. All other trademarks, trade names, or company names referenced herein are used for identification only and are the property of their respective owners.
Telephone: (801) 861-2893